Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index Gps Track log route exchange Forum
Gps Track log points exchange for outdoor activities
Great for Garmin and other GPS to share and exchange track log!
You need to upload 1 track log to be able to download other's files.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ALL ONTARIO TRAIL MAPS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> Quad / ATV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mvn

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: ATV Ontario r3 Reply with quote

Just a few more pre-release notes......

I've added lots of new tracks as previously mentioned. I've also added all of the tracks in Haliburton Forest for all of you winter riders out there.

I've also successfully managed to change the ATV trail colour to white with a red border. It stands out much better than the red/pink major roads colour.

The end product looks very good on the GPS. I'm now just working on an "idiot-proof" self-installer for MapSource. As it stands right now, you need a bunch of files and a program called MapSetToolKit. A simple executable is my goal (the different trail colour makes things a little more complicated).

Stay tuned.......

BobMorphew

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark - I've now got my self-installer so it adds the TYP file and uses the custom lines (green with red borders for my DualSport trails). What part are you having trouble with?

Bob
mvn

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Self-Installer Reply with quote

Bob,

I'm just in the process of learning how to incorporate .typ files in a self-installing file made by Inno. I've got everything working with Gentyp and Mapsettoolkit (very nice interfaces BTW) but I'd like to make the executable self-installer files that Ryan over at Gpssledmaps makes. I guess I have to learn about FID's etc. Do you have any modified scripts that can support .typ files?

Mark

davidvan

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..great tracks.. thank you..
are these routes only open to ATV's?
I'd like to do them come next year on my dual purpose..

Many thanks..

BobMorphew

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Self-Installer Reply with quote

mvn wrote:
... I guess I have to learn about FID's etc. Do you have any modified scripts that can support .typ files? ....

Mark - I just PM'd you before reading this post and I've sent you my script but I didn't mention a key item about FID's. It seems that Mapsource V6.14.1 was giving problems with custom maps because of the FID - Product Code that some map authors had used conflicted with Garmins new "rules" for Mapsource. It seems that if you use a 3-digit FID code and a Product Code=1 then your maps will work in V6.14.1.

The FID # needs to be in "reversed-Hex" format in the Registry, so it's easier to run your map through a MapsetToolkit install using a 3-digit FID that doesn't conflict with any that Garmin used for their maps (FIDs displyed in Toolkit), and then look in the Registry (or the .reg file) to find the Hex #.

Have fun Very Happy
Bob
mvn

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Inno Setup Script files Reply with quote

Bob,

Thanks for the tip. I reviewed your script and it looks exactly like I had anticipated it would.

Even though I HATE 6.14.1, I'll make sure the ATVONTr3 mapset will be compatible.

Mark

mvn

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: All Ontario version 3 Reply with quote

I've uploaded version 3 of the master track log that I'm using to build the ATVONT release 3 transparent mapset for Garmin Mapsource.

The zipped .gdb file extracts to 2.2 Mb and the zipped .gpx file extracts to over 14 Mb.

The self-installing transparent mapset for Garmin is also ready and works. It's being beta tested right now. I'll let everyone know when it's ready for general release in this thread shortly.

Have fun!

Mark

mvn

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

I dropped the ball this year and didn't have a chance to get everything to work with the newer versions of MapSource. I'll be getting back into it shortly. I've continued to incorporate all of the tracks everyone has been posting here. Once I make sure the self-installing mapset works with Vista and MapSource 6.15.6, I'll make it available to anyone who wants it.

Happy riding!

Mark

mvn

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've continued to update the trails and will have some time shortly to get everything working with newer versions of Windows and MapSource.

I have not forgotten about this project. I'll definitely have something ready this spring since I need to update my GPS too!

Mark

BobMorphew

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI, I had the chance to test out the custom maps I've been making from your tracks (and many other sources) on a Windows 7 PC running Mapsource V6.15.7. I installed the maps from my Inno Setup installer which was made on Win XP and Mapsource V6.13.7.

It seems like Win 7 took the XP Registry entries and adjusted them. The maps seemed to work correctly in Mapsource and installed on a 60Cx with no problems.

Bob
countryboy69

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the maps are just updated but no new overlay program yet?

I'm waiting for the new map overlay because i updated mapsource and the old maps don't work anymore.

I'm very grateful that your taking the time to do this for us mvn. it is greatly appreciated.
mvn

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Morphew graciously donated his time and experience and created a new self-installer that is compatible with newer versions of MapSource and Windows XP/Vista/7.

So far so good. There are a few details yet to be resolved but a fully distributable package will be released very soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Mark

mvn

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Ontario ATV Maps Reply with quote

So far, the mapset works with MapSource 6.15.11 (the newest version). Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. I've put together some release notes that provide some valuable information (it's included in the beta release).

******This works on GARMIN GPS's only******

Christian has mentioned that this website will host the file. I'll work on the details with him over the next few weeks.

In the meantime, if anyone would like to test the beta version, I'd be more than happy to send it to you. The zipped file containing all of the info is about 500kB so it is "emailable."

PM me with an email address and I'll send you a beta copy for evaluation.

Thanks to Christian for maintaining this website, thanks to the members for their tracks and thanks to Bob Morphew for taking the time to kick start this project and helping me out.

Happy and safe riding!

Mark

countryboy69

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: mapset Reply with quote

thanks mvn. the mapset looks great and the installer worked perfectly.

running window xp mediacenter and the newest mapsource/ garmin 530hcx update.
mvn

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it went well. So far, anyone that has installed the beta version has been happy.

I'll be posting (in the next day or so) the self-installing file in the first post in this thread as a zip archive file which will contain the setup.exe file, a POI.gpx file and a Release Notes file.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> Quad / ATV All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: