Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index Gps Track log route exchange Forum
Gps Track log points exchange for outdoor activities
Great for Garmin and other GPS to share and exchange track log!
You need to upload 1 track log to be able to download other's files.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ALL ONTARIO TRAIL MAPS
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> Quad / ATV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mvn

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: ALL ONTARIO TRAIL MAPS Reply with quote

***UPDATED April 7,2014***

By taking my tracks plus the tracks members of this forum have posted, I have compiled a comprehensive set of ATV trails for Ontario. The trails HAVE NOT been verified for ORV/HTA compliance. Some trails will need the appropriate trail passes. Some trails may be on private land (although I rely on members here to post legitimate trails only).

The Self-Installer file installs a mapset into an existing Garmin MapSource (or BaseCamp) installation. This mapset can only be viewed over-top of a basemap (such as TopoCanada) when installed together on a GPS. It cannot be viewed as an overlay on the PC. Once you download and decompress the file, READ the enclosed UsingOntarioATVMaps.pdf file.

***CAUTION - USE THESE FILES AT YOUR OWN RISK***

The long awaited Self-Installer for MapSource is now here, thanks to BoB Morphew! It has been tested with the current version of MapSource and Windows XP/Vista/7.

I will post (and update) 2 files here which are as follows:

1. All_Ontario_vXX_zip_gdb.gdb - This is the raw track file in Garmin .gdb file format (compressed)

****NOTE: This files MUST be renamed to a .zip file then decompressed using Winzip before use in MapSource.****

3. ON-ATV-Trails_vXXX_zip.gdb - This is the archive that contains a set of files including Setup.exe (the self-installer for MapSource ONLY), ON-ATV-POI.gpx (a Points of Interest database that can be optionally loaded into the GPS) and UsingOntarioATVMaps.pdf (release notes and other useful information).

****This file MUST be renamed to ON-ATV-Trails_vXXX.zip then decompressed using Winzip. Once decompressed, read the enclosed .pdf file for more information.****

****Also, if you have an older version installed on your computer, you must first uninstall the older version before installing the nuew version. Use the Remove Program feature of the Windows Control Panel to uninstall the older version.****

PM me with your file requests and I'll do my best to reply in a timely manner. Due to size limitations on uploaded files, I can no longer post them.

Last edited by mvn on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:48 am; edited 42 times in total
Denbigh

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: GPS combinations Reply with quote

great idea! I think that is a great aproach if you are willing to take it further. I can upload more tracks to the east that link up with your base if you want? I'm uploading a track that connects to your base in Gunter - from Mazinaw and Mayo - to McArturs Mills. In my original upload thead I uploaded 2 files the second will connect to the loop you have posted.

thanks for your efforts
Yamagramps

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: New track Wilberforce - Coe Hill - Bancroft Reply with quote

Here is a track you can add to the list. Nice easy ride. Lots of roads and trails. I think all the roads are ATV legal.
mvn

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Central Ontario Tracks Reply with quote

Thanks Yamagramps. I'm trying my best to keep the track count down so that the whole file can be loaded into GPS's. As previously mentioned, my 60CS has a 20 track limit. I've combined tracks to keep the count down. I may have to break things up into regions at some point.

Last edited by mvn on Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Denbigh

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: More Tracks Reply with quote

Thanks for doing this MVN! Iím sure break downs will be necessary if you want to go further, but your master map concept is great and I would love to see it grow. Imagine sitting at your computer, looking at a vast map, choosing a route, go to the subsection and download the track on your GPS and bang you are off to the unknown with perfect directions!

Iím uploading 4 shorter tracks to expand to the east a bit Ö more to follow if you want them?

Could you also include WL-McAm.gpx from my original post, as it connects from your base N/S routes to the loop I send that you included?

Thanks again for your efforts!
Denbigh

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: one more Reply with quote

one more
Yamagramps

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Another track Reply with quote

Now here is another track. This is a big ride with one bad water hole so use caution. I'm not sure if it is legal for your ATV on some of the roads on this track.
MVN I have the same GPS as you but keep my tracks on my laptop and download to my unit as I need them. I have several ATV and sled tracks. I'll try to keep posting.
Yamagramps

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: More tracks and waypoints Reply with quote

MVN, I took the liberty of adding some more tracks and waypoints to what you started.
mvn

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: New and Improved Reply with quote

Thanks Yamagramps for the Haliburton tracks! If I could only get out riding as much as you!!

Here is the lastest version. I have NOT verified the legal status of these tracks yet. Use at your own risk!

Last edited by mvn on Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Yamagramps

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Tracks Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. I've learned that some of the roads in the southern area are not legal for ATV's. You will want to check before you ride. Most of Dysart county (Haliburton area) and the Kawartha's are not legal. Most roads around Minden are. Hwy 35 in Minden is not and has an OPP station.
Please check before you ride. Thanks again MVN for all your updates.

2007 Yamaha Rage GT
mvn

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Legal Trails Reply with quote

If people could critique the master track file using their personal experiences/knowledge and post their comments, I could remove any of the offending track portions without having to dig into the ORV Act and sort through the bylaws of various municipalities (how much fun would that be??!?).

Thank you to all for the data so far.

Yamagramps

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Road use Reply with quote

Here is an update on the tracks I have posted.
To the best of my knowledge I believe all the tracks I have posted are legal for ATVís except the following sections. (Central Ontario)
Track 3 - roads just west & north of Crystal Lake.
Track 14 - the road west of Elephant Lake (Haliburton ATV club is trying to get approval)
Track 18 - roads from Crystal Lake to Rail Trail.
Track 24 - road to the west of Bass Lake
Track 33 - HWY 28 north of Apsley (not sure)
Track 36 - not sure if part or all is legal for ATV use
You will need a pass from the Haliburton ATV Club, Kawartha ATV Club & the EOTA to ride all the trails shown. You may want to check the local Municipalities to be 100% sure about road use.

2007 Yamaha Rage GT
Denbigh

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Quackenbush SE to Plevna Reply with quote

Another shorter extention track from Matawatchen @ Quackenbush lake down to Plevna (North of 7 Restaurant).
DAN-O-MITE

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That wss the way we went wasn't it Peter?

How ya doing ya ole dog ya.....

oh yeah what time you home in evening....wouldn;'t mind giving ya a ring

Also can you PM you number.....I have it somewhere under this mountian of paperwork at my desk

lol
Denbigh

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Dan Reply with quote

Hey Diver-Dan!!! Glad to hear you finally dried out Laughing

Yes the previous track I posted was made on our trip, wish I had kept it going to Sharbot Lake. I have your number ... I'll give you a shout.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> Quad / ATV All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: