Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index Gps Track log route exchange Forum
Gps Track log points exchange for outdoor activities
Great for Garmin and other GPS to share and exchange track log!
You need to upload 1 track log to be able to download other's files.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HWY 108 to HWY 4 Connector

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> California
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2wheeladventurer

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: HWY 108 to HWY 4 Connector Reply with quote

Attached track takes you from HWY 108 past Beardsley Lake north to HWY 4 on a combination of pavement and dirt. (You could ride it either direction).

From the 108 side, you drop down to Beardsley lake on Pavement for about 5-6 miles, (turn at sign for Beardsley Lake on 108) across the damn and then you climb steeply up the hillside, starting on pavement and then turning to dirt. For the next 15-20 miles you are on a series of forest service roads, that take you up and down...ultimately dropping you down to HWY 4 at Dorrington/Camp Connell. NOTE: Pay close attention to the track as there are several intersections and forks throughout.

Total time was around an 1.5-2 hours with numerous stops.

(I'd tried this ride a few times before and had always gotten lost in the maze of FS roads in the area, but this time made it through!) javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')

I encourage folks to try it. It's a challenging, but not too challenging route, and the roads need to be ridden... certain sections are starting to get overgrown and so if we don't ride it, it will disappear over time.

For our part, my partner and I rode it on DR650's. On those bikes it was no problem and experienced riders would have no problem doing it on bigger bikes.
Countdown

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: HWY 108 to HWY 4 Connector Reply with quote

I have ridden every road between the two highways and use my best choice in my Dual Sport rides like the up coming Trans Sierra 3-day on DualSportWest.com

My tracks are posted in the Calaveras-Summit RD file in the Sierras West Side folder in Private Libraries below. After riding all roads, I selected the best Dual Sport (least pavement/graded roads) way for my rides and to include in the Pacific Crest Quest route, also in Private Libraries. See attached file.

Your Track which is 50% the same as mine is named "Day 4 Pt2 - 108_to_4 Alt 1". Do you have other days?

2wheeladventurer

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like I should have checked your tracks before our adventure... should know better as I've benefited from your tracks in the past.

The other tracks from earlier days on the trip were on the Nevada side crisscrossing the Pine Nut Mts on roads that were new to me, but I'm sure old hat to you and others who've spent way more time than I have in Nevada (e.g. Sunrise Pass, Dayton around Mt. Como, etc). Point being, I don't think I'd be sharing anything new or different. If I'm wrong, I'm happy to share.

Checked out the flyer for the event in a few weeks... sounds like a great event! I've got a week long trip to Nevada a week later and so can't make it, but have bookmarked your "DualSportWest" site for future reference, (have tremendous respect for all that you do for the dualsport community) and will try to make some one of your next seasons events.

-Fred
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> California All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: