Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index Gps Track log route exchange Forum
Gps Track log points exchange for outdoor activities
Great for Garmin and other GPS to share and exchange track log!
You need to upload 1 track log to be able to download other's files.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Death Valley Barker Ranch loop (southern CA)

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> California
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfischer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Death Valley Barker Ranch loop (southern CA) Reply with quote

This is an epic Death Valley ride, 180 miles long done as a loop from my camp at Panamint Springs. The ride first has you visiting the old town of Ballarat, before heading over the mountain range into Death Valley, with a stop at the infamous hideout of Charles Manson at Barker Ranch. After a more technical ascent and descent over Mengel Pass, other old miner cabins are visited on the way down into Death Valley. From there you take Westside road up to Furnace Creek. You then return back to Panamint Springs from Furnace Creek on the highway after refueling.

I had a Rotopax tank attached on the back rack to get extra range, but there is fuel in Furnace Creek if your bike has at least a 130 mile range.

Best done on a dual sport. In my case I used a DRZ400S.

Mostly fire roads with some more technical sections over Mengel Pass where a dual sport is more suitable. If riding from Panamint Springs to Barker Ranch only, a bigger adventure bike would probably be fine. There can also be loose sand on the descent into Death Valley and the West Side road.

Difficulty: moderate

You can get more detail in my blog here:
http://www.stephenfischerphotography.com/Motorcycle/rides/panamint_springs/panamint_springs_ride_day1.html

Countdown

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted

Last edited by Countdown on Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Countdown

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The attached file has waypoints for the attractions along your loop.

It also has several better Dual Sport options in Panamint Valley.

These and many many more can be found in my Death Valley and Panamint Valley files in Private Libraries below.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> California All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: