Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index Gps Track log route exchange Forum
Gps Track log points exchange for outdoor activities
Great for Garmin and other GPS to share and exchange track log!
You need to upload 1 track log to be able to download other's files.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Continental Divide Track?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stumpy pete

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Continental Divide Track? Reply with quote

I'm looking for a track of the Continental Divide. Please understand that I'm not looking for a trail or route of the National Scenic Trail or routes that hikers, bicyclists, and motorcyclists have used. I'm looking for a series of waypoints (a track) that defines the Western Continental Divide of the U.S. Ideally, it would be included with one of Garmin's mapsets, like the 24K Topo maps, but it isn't, unless I'm just not seeing it.

What I'd like to do with it is compare the popular riding/hiking trail routes to the actual Divide. If there's another way to do that, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks!

Stumpy Pete
BobMorphew

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look in Countdown's Private Library Forum on this website. He has the tracklogs from his CDR rides PLUS the actual Continental Divide.
Countdown

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Continental Divide Track? Reply with quote

stumpy pete wrote:
What I'd like to do with it is compare the popular riding/hiking trail routes to the actual Divide. If there's another way to do that, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks! Stumpy Pete

As stated above done!

No one has a map with a line, I had to make a way point on each peak then hand draw a track. I did it for that reason you stated. I fund that the classic CDR was far from the actual divide. I then spent two weeks in New Mexico and found the absolute closest motorized route to the divide.

Floranc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Czasowniki Reply with quote

I am trying to download a file to load on my gps but all I get is a bunch of text and I can't save as a gdb. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by Floranc on Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Countdown

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Czasowniki Reply with quote

Floranc wrote:
I am trying to download a file to load on my gps but all I get is a bunch of text and I can't save as a gdb. What am I doing wrong?

Are you downloading gdb version? I don't know any reason that should fail.

If downloading gpx version:
Two solutions:
1 it is probably MS Internet Explorer, try using Google Chrome
2 just save the downloaded gpx file, you will notice that the extension has been changed to something else, change it back to gpx and it should open correct.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: