Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index Gps Track log route exchange Forum
Gps Track log points exchange for outdoor activities
Great for Garmin and other GPS to share and exchange track log!
You need to upload 1 track log to be able to download other's files.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS Noob

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SmokeyMcBong

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: GPS Noob Reply with quote

hey all,

im new to the forum. I recieved a garmin etrex legend for christmas a few years ago. I am usually pretty good at figuring out electronics but i haven't got this one down yet. (lack of use im sure)

i mostly use the GPS for atving, I ride in the Kawartha Lakes/Halliburton area of Ontario Canada.

i'm hoping to use the info on this site to learn how to use my GPS properly and maybe to grab some tracks for my area (if i can upload tracks to my unit. not sure, it seems pretty basic)

I found you guys following a link posted on Mudhole.ca,

Have a great one peeps

siamon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracks I download from this site look totally fine on Basecamp but get truncated when sent to my 76CX. There's plenty of memory on my 8Gb memory card. It even says on my 76CX screen "track truncated" after it downloads. Very strange.

We are the leading the world in providing best Testking scjp gre and Exam Collection SK0-003 braindumps prep solutions. Our incredible offers for colostate.edu and nova gedare accessible at reasonable prices; our Florida National University ged is very rare in IT world.

Last edited by siamon on Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
dpifko
Site Admin

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Some GPSes truncate tracks, even with loads of memory Reply with quote

Some GPSes will truncate a track even if there's memory available either on board or on a memory card. The 76CX supports up to 250 points for a route. I don't see a maximum for imported tracks, but it could be the same. The Garmin 60 series maxes at 500 points. Newer devices (Montana, etc.) have limits that are either higher or with no arbitrary maximum.

Here's what you can do:
- make a copy of the track file
- open it in Basecamp
- filter it down to the maximum number of points for your gps. The exact steps will vary with the version of Basecamp, but in the current version:
+ double click on the track so the log window appears
+ click on the gear icon in the lower left corner
+ click Filter Track
+ check Maximum Points and enter 249
+ click OK
- save the new track file and install it on your device.
Countdown

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

siamon wrote:
Tracks I download from this site look totally fine on Basecamp but get truncated when sent to my 76CX. There's plenty of memory on my 8Gb memory card. It even says on my 76CX screen "track truncated" after it downloads.

A 76 will only hold 20 Tracks of 500 points each. They go in internal memory. The only thing that goes on the data card is maps and backup Active Log.

Go to http://www.dualsportwest.com/Gps/GpsOverview

and read my 60/76 set up operations.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: