Grizzly Trail - Plumas Nat. Forest, CA
Select messages from
# through # FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Gps Track log route exchange Forum -> California

#1: Grizzly Trail - Plumas Nat. Forest, CA Author: fockerLocation: Sacramento, CA PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:17 am
    —
Motorcycle Used: KTM500EXC

Type of roads/trails: Mix of Forest Service Roads / County Roads / Fireroads /

Difficulty: Mostly Easy to Moderate

Ride Description: This runs from ridges to valleys. It begins in Taylorsville and ends at the south end of Lake Davis near Portola.

Note:
This is my first solo attempt at putting tracks together in Basecamp. Critiques, tips and kudos are welcome.

#2: Re: Grizzly Trail - Plumas Nat. Forest, CA Author: llphLocation: Northern California PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:50 am
    —
Thanks for the great route, well documented and the spurs to the lookouts was a great add on. We followed the route South to North with no navigation issues. There are stretches with lumber activity, large equipment and trucks. They had a small crew working on Saturday, so mid week it is probably very busy. Lots of loss dust in the area of lumber activity.

I was on on an R1200GS and riding partner was on African Twin, No issue with large bikes.

Thanks for a great route.

#3:  Author: fockerLocation: Sacramento, CA PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:52 am
    —
Glad you enjoyed it, just beautiful back there. How many hours did you spend? We usually give it about 6 hours with stops for photos and lunch.

#4:  Author: llphLocation: Northern California PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:33 pm
    —
We did a loop out of Truckee and took 9 hours up and back including a stop at Polka Dots for burgers

Here is the rever.co post: (not sure non-rever.co users can see these)
https://a.rever.co/rides/180912

Ill try and add on later.

Thanks again
Stephen...

#5:  Author: fockerLocation: Sacramento, CA PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:11 am
    —
I signed up for Rever to check out your route, looks like it was a fantastic ride. How was the heat? We were in the Gold Lakes area this weekend and it was surprisingly hot.

Gps Track log route exchange Forum -> California

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT - 8 Hours

Page 1 of 1