Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index Gps Track log route exchange Forum
Gps Track log points exchange for outdoor activities
Great for Garmin and other GPS to share and exchange track log!
You need to upload 1 track log to be able to download other's files.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Northern Baja Various Routes Tecate, Mikes, San Felipe

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> Mexico / Baja
View previous topic :: View next topic  
offroad65

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Northern Baja Various Routes Tecate, Mikes, San Felipe Reply with quote

Motorcycle Used: CRF450R and RZR 1000

Type of roads/trails: fireroads and two-track

Difficulty: easy/medium
Ride Description: This map is good for anyone wanting to see a lot of the standard routes around Northern Baja. I have done this twice from Tecate, down past Laguna Hanson, to Valle T, then up to Mike's for the night. Then we like to ride down to Colonet and up to Erendira, then through Santo Tomas and up to Ojos, then another route back to Tecate. It makes for a fun 2 or 3 day ride. The toughest section is after Mike's Sky Ranch. These routes have a lot of old race-course.

--EDIT--- 12/5/2017:
Please see my most recent post below. I have updated the map in some important ways. Please use the new file if you are going down to Baja.

Last edited by offroad65 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
kiprock

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Northern Baja Various Routes Tecate, Mikes, San Felipe Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this extremely helpful set of tracks. You have help me complete my own collection, connecting several areas that I was looking for tracks.
offroad65

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Updated File Reply with quote

Hi Guys, since posting this originally I have ridden several of the trails I had had on the first file. I found that some of the routes have changed in terms of being open/closed and a couple of the ones between Laguna Hanson and Valle de Trinidad are not accessible. I found a new track through that area that goes down the "Goat Trail" for those familiar with the area. At this moment I believe all of the tracks shown are open to anything at least as big as a RZR. I will be going down in 2 weeks to try the new route i mentioned above, and will post if anything needs to be changed.

Bear in mind that many of the waypoints saying "left, or right" were written when I had a certain ride plan and direction of travel in mind. As always with riding in Baja please do some research in the areas you are going, and understand that any of these trails can be closed or changed at any time without notice. Almost all of these routes have been on the Baja 500 racecourse at various times over the last 10 years. Also, have fun!

If anyone is planning a trip with experienced riders feel free to send me a PM! I am always looking for new riding friends and I am a knowledgeable, bilingual guy located near San Diego always ready to ride!
vanzuyle

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Rancho Meling to Mike's Reply with quote

Boy, this is timely. I'm planning on riding with my teenagers from Rancho Meling to Mike's and back on the morning of Dec. 23. I think this part is pretty easy, but in any case, they are pretty good riders.

Eventually, we'll pick away at all of this.

Thanks,

Paul
(805) 558-0105
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> Mexico / Baja All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: