Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index Gps Track log route exchange Forum
Gps Track log points exchange for outdoor activities
Great for Garmin and other GPS to share and exchange track log!
You need to upload 1 track log to be able to download other's files.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Utah off road mc Ticaboo to Escalante

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> West - North America
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milkweed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Utah off road mc Ticaboo to Escalante Reply with quote

Motorcycle Used: 4 riders w KTM 500 XC-W, KTM 450 XC-W, and 2 Husky 701's

Type of roads/trails: Riverbeds, double track, and a little bit of unavoidable pavement.

Difficulty: Mostly easy double track, some technical double track, some pavement (parts of Burr Trail), some riverbed. Hardest part is riverbed (no track) and riverbed crossings through the Henry Mtns near Ticaboo. Best for smaller bikes, and some sections (riverbeds) are not suitable for anything bigger than KTM 690's or Husky 701's. Riverbed section through the Henry Mtns (close to Ticaboo) would be dangerous and not doable after recent rain or snowmelt as parts of that are slot canyon.

Ride Description: Spectacular mountain, canyon, forests, and wide open space scenery all in a 1 day ride. Did this as part of a 9 day loop around Utah in May/June 2017.

Link to RideReport/other: www.advrider.com/regional forums/flatistan/Wrong Way Round - Southern Utah 2017 (Sorry, I dont know how to do the link, but you can find it on ADV with this).
Countdown

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Day 1 & 2?

Set your unit to record less track points 1,000-2,000 per 100 Mi is fine. You have about 6,000 way overkill and makes file size too large.

wbbnm

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How was the ride up from 276 to the Eggnog road thru Hanson Creek Canyon.

I can only find that road on my old Topo 100k and not on City Navigator or Topo 24k. Usually this means the read has essentially been abandoned.

I reread your description and realized that this was the riverbed you were talking about. I will have to take a look at this next time out that way.
Countdown

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wbbnm wrote:
How was the ride up from 276 to the Eggnog road thru Hanson Creek Canyon.

I reread your description and realized that this was the riverbed you were talking about.

Bill,

Questions like that are why I try to only post active logs with time tags.

He averaged 9 MPH from Hwy to the Track of yours going to Hite.

Jerry

wbbnm

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time stamps are great. I went thru that section point by point. I saw they were barely moving at times. I wonder what the obstacles are like, ledges, washouts,?? Probably some of both.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> West - North America All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: