Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index Gps Track log route exchange Forum
Gps Track log points exchange for outdoor activities
Great for Garmin and other GPS to share and exchange track log!
You need to upload 1 track log to be able to download other's files.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Track from San Francisquito to San Ignacio

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> Mexico / Baja
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MOTOMAN

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Track from San Francisquito to San Ignacio Reply with quote

Rode this track this February, definatly one of the burlier days i have had in the Baja. If I did it again i would start in San Francisquito instead of Bahia de LA. Stopped for Beers and Tacos in San Francisquito, then rode pretty steady for 9 hours to San Ignacio. One short stop for grub and another for a tire repair in the dark. Total ride about 13 hours.

I rode with a light DRZ 400 and i would not reccomend it for heaver bikes or uncommited riders.

Enjoy

xrikester

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!

The track was 224 miles, where did you get gas? How far was the leg from San Fran to the Hwy?

Looks like an amazing ride.
MOTOMAN

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is gas in San Francisquito, from there to San Iganacio (Pemex) is 225 kms or about 135 american miles.
ANDREAS

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great track Motoman. I'm going to be in that area next week and I'm very interested in taking this route. We would be leaving from San Francisquito on lite bikes. I looked the track over with google earth and there seems to be a large section in the middle where the trail is hard to see. Are tire tracks visable or is it all washed out? Rocky? Is the beach section sandy or cobble stone? Any info would be greatly appretiated.

Thanks,
Andreas
MOTOMAN

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the middle part of the trail / road could acuratly be described as hard to see. I had visions of a nice smooth beach to relax on for a while, but to no avail. it was almost unridable, very loose pebbles at the best - no beach at the worst. Check out the average speed on those sections and you'll get an idea of the workout involved.

There where quite a few tire tracks along the middle section, allthough they seemed to be going in circles some of the time.

The gps track I was trying to follow was 4-5 years old and the "best route" had definatly changed over the years. The track I uploaded was a pretty direct route, all things considered.

Have fun, good luck

ANDREAS

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Motoman. We were planning on taking the El Arco to Vizcaino route until you posted this gem. I guess we'll have to see how we're feeling when we get there.
sp4ce

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: 2012 update Reply with quote

We rode this Jan 2012. It was mostly good two track with sections of deep sand and rocks through the washes and on the beach. The track is very accurate with some exceptions near La Trinidad where new property claims have caused minor diversions.
johnnyadrenaline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode this and got lost.. I did not have a track to follow though. We had to turn back and ride to san fransiquito in the dark (fun!)
Beware the angry donkey after the second mountain pass heading south.. that bastard attacked us, pulled over a bike and chased me a half mile and overtook me in the technical stuff to attack again! haha.. loco burro! Heading back to do it again with this track info.
dpifko
Site Admin

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnyadrenaline wrote:
"Beware the angry donkey after the second mountain pass heading south.. that bastard attacked us, pulled over a bike and chased me a half mile and overtook me in the technical stuff to attack again! haha.. loco burro! ".

That's one of the best, real recommendations I've heard about a riding route, ever. Did you catch a GPS waypoint on the donkey? Laughing

http://socialnav-inc.com/GetApp/
johnnyadrenaline

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back from trying this route for the second time 2/12/15. We fueled up in san fran, said hi to Rosa noticed they lost the little cabins in the hurricane, no more beds there. We got over the first two passes and noticed a big change since the previous year as we approached the left turn to head to the beach. There was a lot of cactus gone and a lot more wash where there was nice trail. I think if it were not for the ranchers that use this beginning part of the track it would be hard to navigate after the hurricane. We hit a serious wiped out wash that turned us back about 35 miles from san fran. It was 10 miles of this gnarly wash (no sign of any trail left, deep sand and small to large rocks) to navigate to get to the beach. There were no signs of any tracks going through that wash. I walked it for 45 minutes trying to think of a way through. A small bike, lots of extra time and lots of extra fuel might get you through but who knows what lies ahead. the hurricane really hit that area hard. Sad
johnnyadrenaline

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhh and by the way the attack donkey was not around this time!
cpg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The route changes after any large rainstorm it seems.
Lots of sand and lots of rocks.
You did not even make it to Los Corrales?
johnnyadrenaline

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, we made it to where the ranch access turns right and the trail goes left towards the beach. we were 10 miles from the beach aprox. N28.07'09 W112.56'48
From there the route was not passable without a great effort. I can send pics of the washed out area. I would be concerned about fuel and water with pushing forward from there not to mention running the risk of breaking something back in there. I am sure someone could do it with a 450 but you would be blazing a new path for sure. It might be interesting to enter from the south and see how far you can get from there. If you have not been down there since that hurricane, many changes have occurred. I don't think the route has been completed since then. If anyone gets through there, please post about it because I want to do this route.
cpg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there in March of 2015 and the same as when you found it.
No tracks and thru went a few thousand yards and turned around.
It was a tough few thousand yards in and back to the trail.
Mexico Matt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody ridin this recently? I did it about 9 years ago and wanted to do it from San Ignacio going north to San Fran.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> Mexico / Baja All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: