Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index Gps Track log route exchange Forum
Gps Track log points exchange for outdoor activities
Great for Garmin and other GPS to share and exchange track log!
You need to upload 1 track log to be able to download other's files.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baja California Norte, MX. East Ensenada to ojos negros

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> Mexico / Baja
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BDawgTrap

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Baja California Norte, MX. East Ensenada to ojos negros Reply with quote

Motorcycle Used: 2015 KTM 350 XCF

Type of roads/trails: dirt hardpack / Single track / fireroads / abandoned road

Difficulty: most is very easy, a few difficult sections. Would not recommend for adventure bike, with dirt bike it is a fairly easy track.

Ride Description: you can get to the Ensenada end from the 3, just ride up to the track. You can also use the libremento road as I did and that is dirt clear from mid Ensenada. Your choice, look at your map and pick one of the many dirt roads. The track bypasses the old main dirt road that is shut down and gated off after the Baja 1000 for some reason. There are no Gates heading from Ensenada to ojos negros however you do pass through Nelson ranch and if he catches you he will chastise you. It is marked on the map, proceed with caution through that area. Pulling in to ojos negros there are two gates, neither were locked in my visit and both are on the 2016 Baja 1000 route.

I take no responsibility for you or your machine on this route and make no promises. However it is a very fun route to avoid taking the highway to ojos negros where you can connect to many other trail systems. It took a lot of work to find an all dirt track. Enjoy!
BDawgTrap

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a section I should mention, to the east of Nelson ranch that is a small road. It hasn't been used for a while so while you are following the gpx track it may look like it's leading you on a path that does not exist. Just follow the track and you will be fine. If you would like to verify you can walk the track for a minute, but you should have no problem as soon as you find where you are going!
ztrab

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Alt rte Reply with quote

You can also completely avoid the Nelson Ranch if you take a short section of Hwy 3 to right around this coordinate: N31 54.115 W116 26.578, it links back up to your dirt track. I believe e E32 has this track embedded as well but avoids Nelson. Nice way to get to ON, thanks for the post. I've gone south from there on the Tres Hermanos trail to Urapan, I'll have to dig that track up and post it, it's just south of the pemex, very convenient.
BDawgTrap

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Alt rte Reply with quote

ztrab wrote:
You can also completely avoid the Nelson Ranch if you take a short section of Hwy 3 to right around this coordinate: N31 54.115 W116 26.578, it links back up to your dirt track. I believe e E32 has this track embedded as well but avoids Nelson. Nice way to get to ON, thanks for the post. I've gone south from there on the Tres Hermanos trail to Urapan, I'll have to dig that track up and post it, it's just south of the pemex, very convenient.

That is true, you can get on the 3 around coordinate 31.898522,-116.459785 and exit where you said and it is only about a mile. The dirt track you skip is the most enjoyable on this route however. I would like to find some singletrack to bypass Nelson ranch. I'll keep looking!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> Mexico / Baja All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: