Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index Gps Track log route exchange Forum
Gps Track log points exchange for outdoor activities
Great for Garmin and other GPS to share and exchange track log!
You need to upload 1 track log to be able to download other's files.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PAIUTE ATV OVERNIGHTER

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> Quad / ATV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAGNUM8357

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: PAIUTE ATV OVERNIGHTER Reply with quote

This ride is one of my favorites. The first time I rode the Paiute was the summer of 1996. I try to ride this or a variation of it once a year. What I've shown here as the "MAIN" trail should not be confused as the main Paiute Trail. My ride is a mixture of the Paiute main and side trails that take you through some of my favorite spots. I have included 6 tracks (STAGES) of less than 500 points for the "MAIN" trail and 4 side trails for fuel/food or alternates. I have also included a number of waypoints showing among other things, intersections, food and fuel stops.

Timing your trip.
The last 10 miles of the section I've labeled "STAGE 1" will crest an altitude of 11,500 ft. The forest service doesn't even try to open this section until the 24th of July at the earliest. If the gates are locked, don't try and go around them. I've seen more than one person get a ticket doing so. This is the last section in the Paiute Trail System to open. Prior to that date, there are plenty of other areas to ride at lower elevations. Most of the higher altitude sections of the trail are usually open by mid-June. When each section opens is dictated by the amount of winter snowfall and rate of spring thaw, so each year is different.
Unless I spend time fishing along the way, I'll ride this loop in three days/two nights on my Grizzly or two days/one night on my dual sporter. Fuel range could be a problem for some. If you don't take the side trails for fuel, the main track as I have laid it out will require a range of 110 miles. Even using the side trails, you will still need to have a range of about 60 miles. The total trip is at least 300 miles long. Regardless of your range, when you ride the Paiute, you should always carry extra fuel. The only time you have too much fuel is when youíre on fire. Also don't plan on getting fuel in Koosharem on Sundays, the only gas pump there is closed that day.
Unfortunately a little over a year ago a computer virus cost me all of my GPS tracks. So far I haven't been able to re-run this ride in it's entirety. So, although some sections of these tracks are mine, some sections have been borrowed from several other sources (yes, stolen) or when I had to, plotted out on mapping software. Iíve cut and pasted it into this file, I then overlaid it onto Google Earth. They look good, but I canít guarantee their accuracy 100%. Use them with caution. Regardless, I strongly recommend the National Geographic Map #708 on the Paiute Trail. It's damn good map. I always carry it with me. Once I get a chance to re-ride the "borrowed" sections I'll update these files.
There are motels you can stay at or campgrounds both public and private along the way. Personally, I just unroll my fart sack out under a tree somewhere at the end of the day . There are some bears in the area, I've never seen one, but be bear safe. No food in your tent, etc.
There are a number of places to eat along the way, some are definite planned stops for me. MOM'S cafe in Salina (SCONES). Butch Cassidyís Hideout in Circleville (Butches Best Burger). The smaller towns along the Paiute have limited number of motel rooms and the choices of where to eat are also limited.

SERVICES AVAILBLE ALONG THE TRAIL
BEAVER ------------ GAS/FOOD/MOTEL
MARYSVALE -------- GAS/FOOD/MOTEL
KANOSH -------------GAS/MARKET
FILLMORE ----------- GAS/FOOD/MOTEL
SALINA -------------- GAS/FOOD/MOTEL
KOOSHAREM ------- GAS/FOOD/MOTEL (NO GAS SUNDAY, NO PAY AT PUMP)
JUNCTION ------------ GAS/MARKET/MOTEL
CIRCLEVILLE -------- GAS/FOOD/MOTEL
Goldenboy3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was an incredible idea. This is a great opportunity for all of us to do something good for our planet, it is high time http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/essay-on-earth-day
Countdown

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Paiute Trail Reply with quote

Thanks for your effort.

I had some sections with Active Logs that you didn't. I added them to your tracks in the attached file. They will also be in my Utah Statewide Motorized Trail System (SMTS) in Private Libraries below when I get a chance to filter it down to the file size limit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> Quad / ATV All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: