Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index Gps Track log route exchange Forum
Gps Track log points exchange for outdoor activities
Great for Garmin and other GPS to share and exchange track log!
You need to upload 1 track log to be able to download other's files.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tahoe to Mammoth, California and Nevada

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> California
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisMac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Tahoe to Mammoth, California and Nevada Reply with quote

Motorcycle Used: KTM450 EXC and KTM 500 EXC

5 Gallon Tank but 3 Gallon would have been just fine.

Type of roads/trails: About half double track and half fire road with occasional single track and pavement from South Lake to Pinenuts and from just north of Bridgeport

Difficulty: Mostly super easy but one 1/4 mile section of narrow sandy singletrack when coming down to walker. A big bike would suck there.

Ride Description: The fifth time ive done this and so far the best route. I still have not found a way to avoid pavement just north of Bridgeport without adding on so many extra miles to make it kinda ridiculous... i'm not a big fan of adding on 50 miles of fire-road to avoid 10 miles of pavement.

On Day 2 return voyage we rode some sweet sand southeast of mono lake but then ran out of time and took the road back from bridgeport.

Countdown

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of other options. I prefer the Bodie RR but avoid the bottomless sand around Mono Lake. Virginia Lake is great place for lunch.

Other options are in Private Libraries below.

zyamys

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bodie RR mid-section (~7450ft - ~7250ft) is not passable on anything but a trials bike or light bike with paddle tires. Huge boulders fell into the right-of-way dugout from the sides and block it. Deep sand and thick brush on the sides.

Countdown wrote:
There are lots of other options. I prefer the Bodie RR but avoid the bottomless sand around Mono Lake. Virginia Lake is great place for lunch.

Other options are in Private Libraries below.
climberevan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: updated routes Reply with quote

I did the Carson Valley to Mono Lake & back loop last weekend. Since there have been some changes to the possible/legal routes through on the W side of 395, I thought I'd upload these tracks. Legality is, well, up to you to determine. The S-N route does not pass any "no moto" signs on the Mill Creek or Slinkard areas, but you may have to go around an unsigned gate or two...

I am very interested in re-establishing the route from Long Valley to Yaney to avoid the section of 396. It's definitely grown over & possibly impassible. We didn't have time to prospect, and my buddy was on a 690. I ride a Beta 525 & have a solid appetite for struggling.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> California All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: