Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index Gps Track log route exchange Forum
Gps Track log points exchange for outdoor activities
Great for Garmin and other GPS to share and exchange track log!
You need to upload 1 track log to be able to download other's files.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FREE -- GPSBabel- Convert many GPS files to GPX and more

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> GPS Tools
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Christian
Site Admin

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: FREE -- GPSBabel- Convert many GPS files to GPX and more Reply with quote

http://www.gpsbabel.org/

What is GPSBabel?
GPSBabel converts waypoints, tracks, and routes from one format to another, whether that format is a common mapping format like Delorme, Streets and Trips, or even a serial upload or download to a GPS unit such as those from Garmin and Magellan. By flattening the Tower of Babel that the authors of various programs for manipulating GPS data have imposed upon us, it returns to us the ability to freely move our own waypoint data between the programs and hardware we choose to use.
It contains extensive data manipulation abilities making it a convenient for server-side processing or as the backend for other tools.

Does it run on my computer?
Almost certainly. GPSBabel runs on Microsoft Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, and XP plus POSIX OSes such as Linux, UnixWare, OpenServer, Solaris, FreeBSD, and OSX.
phazelag

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: GPS Babel Reply with quote

I had success using GPS Babel. At work I have all of my accounts in excel format and I was able to then load them into streets and trips and create pushpins. Then use GPSbabel to turn the Pushpins into Garmin waypoints. It was very easy, after a few trial and errors.

Scott Z

gpsdualsport

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been able to get a conversion to work from Garmin GDB to Magellan Mapsend format.

Anybody have success with this particular conversion attempt?

Guitar4Him

Usergroups:
 [ Upload-Download ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gpsdualsport wrote:
I haven't been able to get a conversion to work from Garmin GDB to Magellan Mapsend format.

I'm having EXACTLY the same problem. Also, how does someone download a GPX file from this website and get it loaded into MapSend?

Compared to MapSource, MapSend is pure CRAP....

Garmin 2610
Magellan Explorist 500
CC Rider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: gdb to wpt Reply with quote

gpsdualsport wrote:

What I do is first run the .gdb file in Mapsource and Save As a .mps file and then run GPS Babel to convert to a MapSend file. Of course, if you don't have MapSource that wouldn't work but it's seems to be readily available from many sources Rolling Eyes

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    Gps Track log route exchange Forum Forum Index -> GPS Tools All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: